Re: bug rewriting From: lines

> If a message arrives with a From: line that contains a bare hostname
> instead of a FQDN
>
> 	From: user@somewhere
>
> zmailer rewrites it as
>
> 	From: user@somewhere.mydomain.edu
>
> where mydomain.edu is the domain of the receiving host.  It does this only if
> there exists a real 'somewhere.mydomain.edu' host, otherwise it is left
> alone.

Also, it happens only when the message is re-sent using SMTP.

This change to crossbar.cf fixes, but I'm not sure that it won't have
any nasty side effects:

*** 1.3	1993/06/02 19:00:34
--- crossbar.cf	1993/06/02 19:03:20
***************
*** 46,52 ****
  	# Determine which rewrite function (for message header addresses) to use

  	case $(channel $to) in
! 	smtp)	rewrite=internet ;;
  	error)	rewrite=null ;;
  	local)	case "$(channel $from)" in
  		local)	rewrite=intramachine ;;
  	# Determine which rewrite function (for message header addresses) to use

  	case $(channel $to) in
! 	smtp)	case "$(channel $from)" in
! 		smtp)	# addresses should be forwarded the way they arrive
! 			rewrite=null ;;
! 		*)	rewrite=internet ;;
! 		esac
! 		;;