[Raw Msg Headers][Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
zmailer getpw* routines
In lib/pwdgrp.c, it says:
* We implement getpwnam(), getpwuid(), and getgrnam() using the primitive
* iteration functions (*ent()), in order to avoid constant allocations and
* frees of fgets() buffers when the normal *nam() routines clean up after
* finding what they're looking for. This will lose if we're using a database
* with slow iteration, but that can be handled elsewhere.
Is it really "handled elsewhere"? This looks like a classic time/space
tradeoff, but we can afford neither the time nor the space.