Re: how to purge uid <-> username mapping cache...

> Can anyone tell me how to prevent the following from happening?  When we add
> a new account, mail sent by that account has a from address of
> uid#9999@jhunix.hcf.jhu.edu until a new router process is started.  As if
> that isn't bad enough, replies to this address get bounced as an unknown
> user.  How can I tell router not to cache the passwd database and let the OS
> do the caching?

  Define  GETPWNAM=  in your hostenv/XXX -file, reconfigure and compile.
(edit include/libsupport.h to contain  "#define USE_GETPWNAM", and compile
 all.)

 With passwords in NIS systems it is quite all right, without it...
well, it has been a performance question.

	/Matti Aarnio <mea@nic.funet.fi>