Re: ContentFilter Only Called After Data?

On Wed, Aug 27, 2003 at 07:19:52AM -0700, Neal Morgan wrote:
> Greetings:
>
> I've been experimenting with Matti's smtp-contentfilter.sobig and
> contrary to the documentation it seems it is only being called at the
> end of DATA-dot-phase, NOT after BDAT LAST.
>
> I'm running the current CVS version.  Possible bug?  ...or is there
> some configuration issue I've neglected?

  Sort of code-bug.  SUCCESS reports for BDAT are hard-coded, and not
  include contentfilter's texts.  The reason is in rather complex
  report that is normally given, which doesn't fit very nicely
  with content-policy messages.

  By setting   PARAM debug-contentpolicy   in your  smtpserver.conf
  you will see what actually happens under the hood, but just that
  produced text isn't given to the contactee.

  You will see the thing around line 750 of  smtpserver/smtpdata.c

  I even have the message code at hand, but to make it nice...