Re: "rejected, no further explanations" on success

Matti Aarnio <mea@nic.funet.fi> writes:

> On Thu, Aug 28, 2003 at 12:15:10PM +0100, Alex Kiernan wrote:
> > Running the slightly out of date CVS code (actually about 2 days out
> > of date), I'm getting this for all successful messages injections:
> >
> > 250 2.0.0 rejected, no further explanations; S194156AbTH1K4N
>
> Odd...    Please do add:
>   PARAM  debug-contentfilter
>
> Then you should see a lot more detailed data about what is happening,
> and I could get a clue as to what it is about..

Will do.

> > which seems to indicate success, but in a confusing manner!
> > Any ideas what I've missed?
>
> My first guess: you are not running the contentfilter ?

I'm not.

From a quick trawl through the code, I think at line 251, there's:

        SS->policyresult = contentpolicy(policydb, &SS->policystate, fname);

which returns 0, then at 280 we set:

        sslines[0] = ss = "rejected, no further explanations";

I then don't think this then gets overwritten so we hit line 370:

	if (!ss || *ss == 0) {

which fails, so we go into the else and generate a message like the
above.

But I haven't actually traced through it with a debugger attached yet
to prove this is what's happening.

Many, many thanks for the quick reply!

--
Alex Kiernan, Principal Engineer, Development, THUS plc