A good example of heavily broken SMTP client

Hi.

I do not check HELO neither syntaxically nor for A RR now, just
because too many of our business correspondent's corporate mailhosts
use WinNT with broken HELO. In other case, this message could be
blocked easily without MAPS RSS assistance: either by non-reversed IP
or by strange HELO. And we can understand that the reasons of last
two misconfigurations (HELO and open relay) is exactly the same:
broken //root/dev/hands. Reverse IP is more complex problem, but
(seems) normally anybody may and can use provider's smarthost for
outbound mail until reverse zone delegation.

However, now I have realized that it is possible to implement formal
HELO check in Zmailer using regexps in smtpserver.conf. Actual HELO-
to-A-RR check and reverse DNS... seems, it requires new features.

Other idea: applying regexps to reverse DNS result can filter many
dialups which are not announced in MAPS DUL. *dialup*, *ppp*, etc.

Alexey