Re: No MX, no address

On Tue, Aug 01, 2000 at 10:36:13PM +0400, Eugene Crosser wrote:
> On 01-Aug-00 at 22:11, Matti Aarnio (mea@nic.funet.fi) wrote:
> >   I don't have any Sol7 machine (only 2.6 and 8) so I don't know if it
> >   has  getaddrinfo()  at its libc, or not..  Does  config.h  have
> >      HAVE_GETADDRINFO
> >   defined or not ?
>
> HAVE_GETADDRINFO is *not* defined neither on 2.5.1 (where the thing works)
> nor on 7 (where it does not)

	I have rewritten the  getaddrinfo.c  implementation code
	now since your letter (and travelled to Hungaroring and back),
	and the frequency of the  getaddrinfo()  yielding wrong result
	as gone down dramatically.

	I have also found that systems (Linux and Hurd) with  glibc
	version 2.0/2.1/2.1.* are likely to contain incorrect implementation
	of that same function -- namely it doesn't yield proper code
	at DNS lookup timeouts, but claims EAI_NODATA.

	The culprit is INNER NET's  getaddrinfo()  code, which may mean
	that also some other systems have this same problem.  I don't
	know which all...