Re: smtp busylooping

On 27-Jul-00 at 23:25, Matti Aarnio (mea@nic.funet.fi) wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 21, 2000 at 01:06:30PM +0400, Eugene Crosser wrote:
> > Here is another case of busylooping smtp transport:
> > in smtp.c:1761 smtpconn() continiously returns EX_TEMPFAIL
> > (I have yet to investigate the reason for that), and
> > the process goes into cycle between lines 1754 and 1763...
>
>   Like always, this type of things are painfull to track.
>
>   It turned out to be code rearrangement bug -- a variable which before
>   got always set by explicite call didn't anymore -- and it retained
>   old value; 4, which happens to be EAI_AGAIN, and it in the end causes
>   accumulated (valid!) data to be discarded, and a return with EX_TEMPFAIL
>   :-(
>
>   In the end the fix became (around line 4574):  n = 0;

Does not change anything...
It seems that the problem is not in misinterpretation of return codes.
The problems apparently begin when, having filled mx[nmx].host, you
start to fill mx[nmx].ai.  For some reason, for some (Local?) domains
mx[nmx].ai gets null value for all MX-ex.  Then, all records get invalidated.

Eugene