Problem solving...

We've inherited a zmailer system that serves 3500 users daily and about
250 mailing lists 20 or so of which are quite to very active.

Last night... scheduler choked on a message...

My printed copy of the ZMailer Manual at my side (the illustrations on pg
6 & 7 of the tutorial helped...) I finally found a substring in the
transport/core file that matched a message in transport/G....

Before I was done, I'd pretty well ripped apart the transport/ and queue/
directories and had created a new postoffice/ tree (which I later had to
merge back... )

Not a pretty sight... ;-)

Has anyone put together a 'guide' to problem solving that would
assist poor souls like me...?

david potter