Re: procmail as local MDA pointers?

>     I'd like some information on using procmail as the local MDA -
> anyone have any pointers?  Specifically, I would like to prevent zmailer
> from passing mail onto procmail before it's finished resolving addresses
> through the aliases file.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.
> Thanks!

	With 2.99.48p6 / 2.99.49p2 the standard configuration will
	ALMOAST do it all.  You need to alter  MAILSHARE/scheduler.conf
	entry of:

	local/*
		# Do MIME text/plain; Quoted-Printable -> text/plain; 8BIT
		# conversion on flight!
		command="mailbox -8"
		# Or with CYRUS server the following might do:
		#command="sm -8c $channel cyrus"
		# Or with PROCMAIL as the local delivery agent:
		#command="sm -8c $channel procm"

	Comment the first "command=" entry away, and uncomment the last one.

	Then all deliveries to local users will go thru procmail, AND
	if users want to run pipes / store to files thru their  .forward
	files, they can do that too.  (That is why there are tag-matchers
	for  "local/file*" and "local/pipe*" before "local/*" in that
	scheduler.conf file; those are for cases which must not run thru
	procmail..)

	/Matti Aarnio <mea@nic.funet.fi>