-> command="sm -8c $channel procm"
->     Whereas it used to be the stock
-> command="mailbox -8"

look at sm.conf

procm   sSPfnm   /usr/local/bin/procmail         procmail -a $h -d $u -t

it means that procmail will get "-d <user>"
and the line

command="sm -8c $channel procm"

means that ANY local delivery will be passed to sm...
so procmail should know how to deliver to pipes/programs or we should tell
sm or scheduler only to pass user delivery to procmail.

I'd vote for the first way. I'll mail to provcmail maintainers.
 Matus "fantomas" Uhlar, sysadmin of one server at SANET Kosice, Slovakia
 E-mail: Matus.Uhlar@tuke.sk ; WWW: http://ccsun.tuke.sk/users/uhlar
 And don't forget: I work for SANET, but talk for myself, dude... ;-)