Re: strange scheduler log (again)

> > Now another question: Why do we exec /bin/false and then _exit(0)?
> > Wouldn't _exit(1) do the same thing? Please excuse my ignorance if
> > this is obvious.
>
> 	It isn't obvious;  It is to silence the memory access
> 	debuggers when it has just done an accept() on the
> 	mailq -socket, and processed (with some allocations)
> 	the thing.  Now doing plain exit() would generate
> 	heaps of reports on what memory blocks were still in use
> 	at the time of the free() ...

That still doesn't make a lot of sense.  I see how an exit(1)
would trigger such noise, but _exit(1)?  The former runs
any atexit()/onexit() hooks that your debugging malloc
routines may have intstalled, but the latter is supposed
to bypass all such cleanup routintes.  Or are you using
some memory access debugger which sits in another process
space?

		--Ken Pizzini