Re: Anti spam methodologies (is it the new frontier?)

On Thu, 12 Dec 1996, Sherwood Botsford wrote:

> If you're going to return it to them, instead pipe it to a script.
> The script fires off 10 copies right away, then waits 10 seconds,
> fires off a few more, Waits 30 seconds, fires off another 2,

How would you automate returning it to them?  Most spams I've seen have
totally bogus return addresses, and any attempt to get a message back to
them results in a bounce.  Your 1000 returned copies could bounce right
back to your system.

 Jon Lewis <jlewis@fdt.net>  |  Unsolicited commercial e-mail will
 Network Administrator       |  be proof-read for $199/hr.
________Finger jlewis@inorganic5.fdt.net for PGP public key_______