AIX tests successfull :)

I mean, successfull to compile cleanly, though it did need HEAPS of
#ifndef things all around...

The changes should not affect anybody else, as they were of type:
	#ifndef strchr
	extern char *strchr();
	#endif
as at some AIXes (3.2.5e5) the  strchr() is a macro..

It looked like it had a thing or two to do with multibyte characters,
but my test machine didn't have man-pages installed, although it has
all compilers...  Those machine managers have strange priorities for
their disk-space -- as they don't have paper manuals eithers...

/Matti Aarnio <mea@nic.funet.fi>