_res, Bind4.9.4 and shared libraries.

Recently upgraded the OS here, and so decided to upgrade bind. The
latest version of Bind has a wrinkle when you rebuild the shared
libraries, it hides the '__res' variable name.

Neither the router or smtp will then work unless statically linked
with -lresolv.

This is *so* annoying... I don't understand that attitude of the Bind
developers - why document an interface that no one can safely use?

Sheesh. I hope I remember to recompile zmailer the next time I upgrade
the resolver.

sdb
--
sdb@ssr.com