Re: zmailer-2.99.29, and autoconfig ...

Now back just to learn that some at the same day I went offline,
there was:
	- system reboot that took wrong ftp server binary into
	  use at ftp.funet.fi
	- somebody used nic.funet.fi, and several other machines
	  to relay rather obscene email in SPAM-style to a large
	  number of people
Ah well, I still have about 1000 emails to process at my Linux oriented
mailbox, and Linus made a new kernel patch that I need to read thru,
and reading Bruce Schneier's book (Applied Cryptography, 2nd edit.)
is yet uncomplete...
> I'd almost swear that someone ran the resolver stuff I forwarded in the
> context of the tkined/scotty configuration.  I've had a lot of people
> pick of the patch I made available, and nobody has reported any problems.
>
> If you want a peek at the complete configure.in I use for scotty, let me
> know and I'll mail it to you.  Perhaps it has some earlier dependency.

	Do send it to me -- so I get it as the first thing in the
	morning :)

> Have you been able to manually verify that the _res global options
> variable is available on the default Solaris 2.5 resolver?

	According to  nm,  it is.

> Does zmailer really need _res?  (I suspect it does.)

	Propably it could live without, but it does use them.

> > 	We should be back by monday.
>
> Happy sailing!

	Indeed -- I could not avoid getting some sun to my skin,
	thus my dead white complexion has now a bit of colour :)
	(At my hands, ears, cheeks, and nose -- sun-tan lotions
	 we used were of number 15 to avoid burns..)

	We changed the crew of the yact, the "baby-sister" of
	my friend took it out to the archipelago. (We all are
	in our early 30ies, but she is younger..)

	/Matti Aarnio <mea@nic.funet.fi> <mea@utu.fi>