Re: Weird HELO's

On Fri, 17 Feb 1995, James MacKinnon wrote:

> On Fri, 17 Feb 1995, Tom Samplonius wrote:
>

> >   The guy answering postmaster mail claims that it is my problem because
> > my system is giving the error.  Sigh...
> >
> >   It only appears to affect some mail from that site....I think it my be
> > a mailing list/alias?
> >

> can you set up zmailer to run AUTH (IDENT)? , i.e.:

  Sorry, I built Zmailer without auth.  I didn't think I'd need it :(.  I
was also concerned about it's affects on Eudora clients over SLIP
links.... any comments on that?

  I doubt that it is a security breakin though, because
postmaster@xmission basically admitted that there mailer does do the above.

Tom