Re: Regex in sift statements

> > 	The following regex behaves in a way that reveals my ignorance of
> > regexes.
> > 	This will match on CAN:: and CANEDM::Q but fails for CANEDM::QQ

I think it's a side effect of the token-matching semantics of sift.
[A-Z] matches a 1-char token, not a char within a token.

personally, I think the token-matching semantics was a bad idea.  It's
not quite flexible enough and it's easy to make mistakes.  I'd prefer
normal regexps augmented with metachars that match whole tokens.