Re: Regex in sift statements

flee@ces.psi.edu writes:

>personally, I think the token-matching semantics was a bad idea.  It's
>not quite flexible enough and it's easy to make mistakes.  I'd prefer
>normal regexps augmented with metachars that match whole tokens.

Perhaps that would have been best, although the present semantics
certainly have worked well and made for very readable .cf files.  I
would rather see the opposite, the present token matching regexp's
augmented with metachars that say 'match individual chars like normal
regexps while inside this unit'.

sdb
--
sdb@ssr.com