Re: Scheduler dumps core; problem with sfio?

Linux FD_SET/select implementation can only deal with 1024 fds by default.

Even if you raise the limit you need to audit all your dependant
libraries for FD_SET usage as well, and fix them use poll().

A quick grep of scheduler/*.c shows select() is used in there.

One possible reason for the crash is that calling FD_SET(1025,
&fdsetfoobar)  will compile without warning and appear to execute
without crashing on that line, but it actually scribbles over memory,
exacly 1 byte over the end of the 'fd_set fdsetfoobar' structure.

I would guess this is the cause of your SEGV.

Darryl