Which ZMailer version to use - CVS or 2.99.57.pre3?

Recently I was thinking about upgrading ZMailer and I came
to the www.zmailer.org's sources list.  The latest release is
2.99.57.pre3 from 14 July 2004, and latest "not pre" release
is 2.99.56 from 18 November 2003.

I know ZMailer is a very solid code, but we're living in dangerous
times of spam warfare, so one may think "2 years is a lot of time
in life of mail server".  It made me wonder -- perhaps ZMailer
users take CVS snapshots and use them in production environment?

Also, is the 2.99.57 version somewhere on the horizon?

   Regards,
      Dawid