Re: mail from: in process()?

On Wed, Feb 16, 2005 at 10:47:08PM +0100, Marek Kowal wrote:
> Hello,
>
> How can I access 'mail from' envelope header from within process()
> function? Based on some special adressess of the senders, I would like
> to provide special processing of the files with the messages. $(get
> envelopeinfo ...) does not work, such key (from) is not there...
>
> Please, do help ;-)

Hmm..  You can't.

When  process()  is called, the file has not yet been parsed in router
to know anything about its insides.  All that the router (and script)
knows is filename.

The call of  rfc822  routine calls C coded message processor,
that does all parsing, etc.

Adding a new core utility function that looks for 'from ' envelope
header, etc. and possibly generates meta-tupple to be used in
your policy decissions is possible, of course.