Re: problem with newdb (version 2.99.56-patch1pre)

On Fri, Dec 19, 2003 at 11:03:36AM -0300, zmailer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We are having a queer problem with our installation.
> We've just upgraded ZMailer to cvs's version: zmailer-2.99.56-patch1pre
> (2003-11-30). Everything works ok except that when modify the fqdnaliases
> file and isuue the command 'zmailer newdb' (or 'newfqdnaliases'), the router
> process that catches the mail hangs.

Oh ?    What UNIX, what config.h ?
Also   config.status  would be nice to have.
Tar and upload to   ftp://zmailer.org/incoming/  with explaining filename.
And then tell me about it, too.

It does sound a wee bit like bad fd handling in some UNIX's local
embedded db-library.  (dbm ?  ndbm ?)

> Here's the output of the 'router -i' command:
>
> z# router baby@personal-net.com.ar
> <pert.interactive@>: address: baby@personal-net.com.ar
> router: pipe prediction wrong: got 10|8 not 11|10
>
> z# router baby@personal-net.com.ar
> <pert.interactive@>: address: baby@personal-net.com.ar
> router: pipe prediction wrong: got 14|12 not 15|14
>
> and here's the fqdnaliases file:

> #
> # FQDN-aliases -file
> #
> # Left side: FQDN-form of some address, Right side: rewritten form
> #
> # This map tried BEFORE the address is fed even to tests wether or not
> # the address is local or not!
> #
> # Refreshing this mapping is done with program  MAILBIN/newfqdnaliases
> # (no way to call it via some non-MAILBIN program..)
> #
> # We support here entries like:
> #  local.part@domain.name: new@address
> #  @domain.name:    new2@address2
> #
>
> #matti.aarnio@utu.fi: matti.aarnio@tele.fi
> baby@personal-net.com.ar:baby@baby.com.ar

> when we comment out the last line the 'router -i' output is:
>
> z# router baby@personal-net.com.ar
> <pert.interactive@>: address: baby@personal-net.com.ar
> (((smtpsema [172.25.8.2] baby@personal-net.com.ar default_attributes)))
>
> Something wrong with the .pag file generation...but I can't find the error.
> The previous version installed in the same host was 2.99.55, and worked ok.

  I suspect NDBM library handling to misbehave.