Re: "virtual" local users

On Sun, Oct 12, 2003 at 07:50:09PM +0400, Alexander Voropay wrote:
> Hi!
>
>  I'm trying to migrate onto zmailer-2.99.55 + Cyrus-IMAPd + pam_mysql
> from "standart" RedHat's sendmail/local_user installation.
>
>  Red-Hat 7.3.  Cyrus-IMAPd + pam_mysql are installed and works OK.
> Cyrus-IMAPd `deliver` can deliver messages to "virtual" (not registered
> in  /etc/passwd) user mailboxes and I *can* access to this mailboxes via
> IMAP or POP3. zmailer RPM package is by Xose Vazquez (thanks!).
>
>  Unfortunately, I have problem with this "virtual" local user with
> zmailer `router` program. This `router` is trying to chech user has a
> system account.

Do use  "fqdnaliases"  mapping mechanism for that.

   virtual-user@virtual.domain:  lmtp-user@lmtp.server

Add to that a routes  entry:

   lmtp.server   smtp-lmtp!lmtp.server

If you have multiple LMTP servers, route them all specifically.

To topple the cake, you perhaps want to prevent the intermediate
routing address from being directly usable from outside by rejecting
all addresses of   @lmtp.server  kind in the  smtp-policy.spam* files.

There really should be a mechanism for producing ROUTE entries
from fqdn-addresses, but alas. there isn't.