Re: ./configure&perl module and router&ldap

(content rearranged for reply)

On Sat, Sep 27, 2003 at 02:51:09AM +0200, Xose Vazquez Perez wrote:
> Matti Aarnio wrote:
>
> > It might have been BOUNCEd, and I might have then deleted it
> > without checking ...  lots of spams, you see..  I try to check,
> > but sometimes I am in ugly trigger-happy-"d"-mode...
>
> I'm a list member, Do you check every mail ? ufff

No, but I have configured a two layer moderation in there.
registered list-member's addresses (either at primary list, or at
zmailer-posters) can post, but are subject to a set of filters.
Those filters that I used before I made this list into a "posting
by members, only" style closed one.

Recently Xosé's postings have encountered one of those filters.
I have filter patterns intended to trap typical spam headers,
one of them is:
     m/^To:.*unlisted.recipients/i
but the pattern doesn't (didn't) escape the middle-dot, and it bites
on this ZMailer generated one, when "To:" header isn't defined:

> From:	Xose Vazquez Perez <xose@wanadoo.es>
> CC:	zmailer@nic.funet.fi
> To:	unlisted-recipients:; (no To-header on input)

What I may have lost sometimes are those filter bounces.
Usually they are just junk, but sometimes...

> If I were you, I would check linux-kernel, aka OT ml, instead ;-)

Actually I do -- about twice a month I have a short review of
false positive traps from filter patterns used in there, but
I let DaveM to shout "Enough!" to OffTopic ravers...

.. and DaveM adds patterns to block particularly obnoxios
"discussion" streams, or even posters.  I touch only on spams.

> > Our mileages do vary - but yes, you have a bit of point here.
> > I will switch it from  --without-ldap   to --with-ldap.
>
> IMO autoconf should include only essential libraries.

As is typical, the meaning of "essential" varies in between people.
Alas, I shall consider "local file databases" as essential in
this class of things.