Re: Fwd: Re: smtp-auth against SASL db

On Thu, Sep 11, 2003 at 06:03:56PM +0200, Rocio Alfonso Pita wrote:
> Hello,
>   Does anyone implemented smtp authentication against SASL?
>   I'd found this message 2 years ago.

  Recently I added more code into smtpserver to do it,
  but alas my test environment kept failing in various
  strange ways, and I stopped that activity couple weeks
  ago.

  Year ago, or so, I had created small external program
    smtpserver/smtpauth-sasl.c
  which is for running as
    PARAM smtp-auth-pipe  /path/to/smtpauth-sasl
  under the smtpserver.

  Even in the environment where it was run, we did customize
  the  saslauthd   and possibly even the sasl client library
  not to care about realms.  Painfull beasts those :-/