Re: SMTP problem

On Tue, Feb 11, 2003 at 09:27:44PM +0300, Eugene Crosser wrote:
> Speaking of SMTP errors, there is apparently a problem is Zmailer SMTP
> transport that shows up on Hotmail (or was it Yahoo?).  If session is
> reused, and a previous message was not accepted by the other end (for
> whatever reason), smtp agent "forgets" to sent RSET before sending
> subsequent message(s), and they fail with some misleading diagnostic
> that is related to previous failed submission.

Yes.   Not all exit paths from MAIL/RCPT/DATA transaction have been
covered with post-call RSETs.

I committed just code which should handle that - essentially by
having a flag (SS->do_rset), which is set just prior sending
MAIL FROM,  and cleared after successfull exit from DATA/BDAT.
If that flag is already set at the time it is set explicitely,
we send RSET.  (See  transports/smtp/smtp.c, look for  do_rset
variables.)

Now is that code completely correct ?  I am not sure,  not yet.

I commited a few other things too, including incrementing version.
I made even a tarball, but  ftp.funet.fi  is presently under repairs,
and it accesses essentially read-only copy of data from another
machine where we made a snapshot couple days ago...

For a while:
  ftp://zmailer.org/zmailer/src/zmailer-2.99.56-pre4.tar.gz