From: Arnt Gulbrandsen <arnt@gulbrandsen.priv.no>
Subject: test with ü
Cc: ue ü <a@b.com>
To: ue "ü" <a@b.com>

Test.
.
250 2.6.0 S280103AbSHWPDl message accepted

The result looked like this (only the relevant fields shown):

Subject: test with =?ISO-8859-1?Q?=FC?=
Cc: ue =?ISO-8859-1?Q?=FC?= <a@b.com>
To: ue =?ISO-8859-1?Q?"=FC"?= <a@b.com>

That To field isn't legal. 2047 section 5(3) says " can't be used in an
encoded-word in a to field.

I'm not going to call it a bug, and I wouldn't fix it. IMO it's a case
of GIGO. However, others may disagree.

--Arnt