Re: problems at www.zmailer.org?

On Wed, Dec 26, 2001 at 08:12:55PM -0700, Devin Reade wrote:
> I've tried a few times over the last week to get to
> 	http://www.zmailer.org
> with no success.  Is the site down?  Perhaps someone should check
> on it.

    It has hung up, and I have asked for it to be reset again.
    It is located at a place where I can't reset it myself quite
    so easily, and dejour didn't have any other reason to enter
    the site more than once during the last week.

    There is something fishy with Linux kernel 2.4.17-rc1 when
    the machine is SMP, has 3/4 GB memory, and uses software RAID1
    on disks, including swap...   My machines with less memory,
    a bit newer kernel, and/or a bit less speedy processors
    (and definitely less work) have no apparent problems.