RE: SFIO Compile Problems with latest Release and CVS

I found the problem.  It seems that the following are requirements for
compilation and installation:

1. ed must be installed (ftp://ftp.gnu.org/pub/gnu/ed/) Perhaps a note
   could be made in INSTALL or README for people like me that don't
   have it installed. (Its used by the SFIO library compile)
2. If you are using gcc you must explicitly state that to configure
   using --with-gcc.  (I assumed that configure would "figure it out"
   but the wrong command line options get passed causing alot of
   configure tests to fail.)

Hope this helps someone else with similar problems.
Sean