"Errormail" attaches whole bad message - and creates deadlock

Hello.

I can see that the current error notification scheme can create
rare but heavy deadlocks in mailserver.

I have several hosts with Zmailer, and all them have same SMTP
message size limit (2 000 000 bytes.) Surely, I (postmaster)
read mail at one of them, other ones forward mail to me.

Now, a message of 1 999 950 bytes arrives to valid user at one
server and attemts to travel to another (i.e., better MX). But
now it is 2 000 030 bytes because of "Received:" string, and
next hop bounces it!

OK, this first situation is inpleasant but not dangerous. Nobody
warranties huge message delivery.

Next step is more bad. Normally Zmailer creates error
notifications (forms/delivery) messages attaching WHOLE bad-
behaving message as message/rfc822 attchment. This bundle is
definitely bigger than SMTP limit. And if <postmaster> mail is
forwarded to another host, it is bounced too... creating new
huge error messsage... bounced again... new error... LA=1.5
until manual message kill.

The quick solution is just to require Postmaser to be local. I
am not sure that it is feasible limitation.

Some MTA (i.e., Postfix) show smarter behavoir: attached bounced
message is always cut to safe (typically, 50 kb) size. That's
enough both for sender and postmaster to identify message and
error reasons. Moreover, a good practice is to send message
headers ONLY to postmaster, protecting sender privacy.

So, the question: how can I make Zmailer to attach message
headers ONLY to error notification?

Alexey

====
Alexey Lobanov