WHOSON Confusion

Greetings!  I have recently upgraded from 2.99.53Pre1 to 2.99.54 after
receiving a nasty-gram from my ISP informing me I was accepting relays
containing the syntax "MAIL FROM: <>".  I use WHOSON to validate my external
users.  In testing this upgrade I noted the following issues, and thought them
worth mentioning:

1.  SMTPSERVER in interactive mode (-i -d 1) correctly reports a successful
WHOSON lookup at the top of the debug output, but incorrectly shows the message
rejected for policy infractions at the bottom.  The same message, from the same
WHOSON validated IP address is accepted and delivered when not in interactive
mode.  (This one kept me confused for quite some time as I started with the
assumption the interactive mode output was a reflection of the "real world.")

2.  Logging to SMTPSERVER includes a "WHOSON" tag on the "connection from"
line - however this appears to be written prior to the WSO_QUERY call and as
such its argument (whoson_data) is always null in my log.

These are not show stoppers, but worth reporting.  The good news is I no longer
fail my ISP's relay test.

Thanks,

Neal Morgan

Webmail courtesy of Morgan Systems.