Re: MAPS RSS listed!

On Fri, Sep 22, 2000 at 01:04:10AM +0200, Alfredo Sanjuan wrote:
> Hello.
>
> Recently my machine has been included in the MAPS RSS list. Looking the
> test I've found that Zmailer relay this way:

>      <<< 250 2.1.0 Sender syntax Ok
>      >>> RCPT TO:<"user2@popovich.net"@[195.55.198.14]>
>      <<< 250 2.1.5 Recipient address syntax Ok;
> rcpt=<"user2@popovich.net"@[195.55.198.14]>
>      >>> DATA
>      <<< 354 Start mail input; end with <CRLF>.<CRLF>
>      >>> (message body)
>      <<< 250 2.6.0 S104516AbQIUVKp message accepted
>

> How can I stop this? I've been changing several files, but no success. I
> have problems sending mail to other hosts!
>
> The Zmailer version in this machine is 2.99.54. The cf files are from
> 2.99.51 because those included in .54 doesn't recognize my localnames
> file...
> Please help!

  You definitely need current cf files to have consistent anti-relay
  blocking.   The problem is that somewhere the quoted localpart
  becomes unquoted -- which it must not -- and then expanded as if
  it is full address to somewhere else.

  I suggest you clean your  $MAILVAR/db/ directory,  and have this
  new   dbases.conf  file in there in addition to your setup files.
  Verify/adjust the  dbases.conf  to databases you have, and then
  execute:  $MAILBIN/zmailer newdb

  After that your $MAILVAR/db/ directory should have a bunch of *.zmsh
  files in addition to various database sources and binaryreps.

  Now having router cf files from 2.99.54 can pick them properly
  and use them.

  The smtp input policy has not changed for a while, although
  several times since 2.99.51.  See  doc/guides/smtp-policy
  (I really should create a consistent curses/gui management
   interface for Z, but I am not GUI artist..)