Re: MTA Evaluation on delivery performance

On Sun, 18 Jun 2000, XosÉ Vázquez wrote:
> there are a MTA Evaluation on delivery performance
> at http://www.kyoto.wide.ad.jp/mta/eval1/eindex.html

I just looked at it, and I think it instead depicts impact on the local
network rather than delivery performance.

None of the graphs indicate how efficient/successful the MTA's were - just
how many DNS queries they made and how often they initiated and shutdown SMTP
sessions.

For instance, ZMAILER's low SMTP numbers on the second and third evaluations
indicate that it was more efficient, using already open SMTP sessions, etc.

I would have liked to have seen numbers like how many msgs were delivered per
second, or something similar....

-Andy