Re: Enable and disable mailing list

> On Tue, Apr 04, 2000 at 12:02:36PM -0400, Grace He wrote:
> > Hi Matti,
> >
> > Is there a way to enable and disable the mailing lists as needed?  Or
> > better yet to give permissions to some users or group only, but not
> > the rest people.
>
>   Elaborate please.  I don't inderstand your question.
>   Is it about creation of lists in the system, or message transmission
>   thru the lists, or what ?

We have mailing lists for users, and the lists are in directory
$MAILSHARE/lists, for example all faculty members are in
$MAILSHARE/lists/fac, where "fac" is a file contains all faculty
memebers' login name.  The permission on $MAILSHARE/lists/fac is 640,
owned by "root", group "other".  The problem is that we only want this
$MAILSHARE/lists/fac mailing list to be used by our faculty members,
not by all users (i.e. the students, and guests).  Right now anyone can
send a mail the mailing list fac.  So is there a way the restrict the
access to $MAILSHARE/lists/fac.

Thanks,

Grace He
e-mail: ghe@scs.ryerson.ca

School of Computer Science	Phone : (416) 979-5000, ext. 6697
Ryerson Polytechnic University	Fax   : (416) 979-5064