Re: Possibly a not so stupid alias question.

  (Now that I have had some decent sleep, and can start thinking again..)

On Fri, Mar 31, 2000 at 11:57:16PM -0500, Alvin Starr wrote:
> I posed this a few days ago and had no luck getting anything to work.
>
> I want to take the mail for a user. pass a copy of the mail to a
> processing program for logging and then continue to pass the mail on to
> the user.
>
> the simple solution of
>
>   prog: 	"|filterprog"
>   bob:	prog,bob
>
> will not work.

	Hmm..  Right, the "bitbucket" system hits..
	This is about the expansion loop breaking, which breaks
	out in a bit impractical way..

	So, when an alias expansion loops back to same string to
	try re-expanding it, it should *skip* alias expansion, and
	not (like now) return "bitbucket".

	It is all in  aliases.cf  and needs apparently considerable
	thought.