Re: ZMailer relaying policy

On Thu, Mar 30, 2000 at 10:04:54AM +0300, Vladimir Lazarenko wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Today I've encountered the following problem, which I don't know how to solve.
> I need to close the relaying of the following masks:

	Depending on how old a version you are running, some can
	block the things you refer to, others may fail by letting
	things thru.

> 1) MAIL FROM:<spambag@fake.domain>
> RCPT TO:<victim%target@{relay}>

	SMTPserver configuration must have these two in this order,
	or delete both entries.  More recent servers throw this PARAM
	away alltogether.

#PARAM  accept-percent-kludge # "localpart" can contain '%' and '!'
PARAM   reject-percent-kludge # "localpart" can't contain  --"--

	And of course the policy control must work.

> 2)MAIL FROM:<spambag@fake.domain>
> RCPT TO:<victim@target@{relay}>

	RFC 821 scanner bombs on this

> 3)MAIL FROM:<spambag@fake.domain>
> RCPT TO:<target!victim@{relay}>

	Alike 1).

> 4)MAIL FROM:<spambag@fake.domain>
> RCPT TO:<@{relay}:victim@target>

	Just basic policy control is needed

> 5) MAIL FROM:<fake.domain!spambag>
> RCPT TO:<target!victim>

	RFC 821 scanner bombs on this

> and I couldn't find in the documentation how cam I change the policy to deny
> THIS kind of relaying.

	See  README.SPAM  at the toplevel source directory for
	the deeper pointers.  It should be quite simple, unless
	you decide to hack it your own way..

	The  2.99.53-pre1 snapshot earlier this week contains
	also interactive methods for testing smtpserver's policy
	routines in deeper detail.