Re: Mail gets mixed up

On Sat, Mar 25, 2000 at 11:46:51AM +0300, Victor Gamov wrote:
> > It seems a very serious matter to resolve but none has responded to my
> > email. Does anyone have slightest idea why it might happen.
>
>         Sorry, I miss your first message but I think that I have like
> problem. Sometimes my customer gets messages       with text from
> another message and even from system files (/etc/services and some
> other).  We use ZMailer-2.99.51     with Cyrus-1.5.19 as local deliver
> on FreeBSD-3.2 RELEASE.  This problem very strange and annoying for me.

	So you both have same operating system.
	Do you both use   --with-ta-mmap   ??
	I don't remember of Slawek Zak, do you also have Cyrus ? Or not ?
	(Cyrus is driven via 'sm', while normal local delivery is driven
	 via 'mailbox'..)

	Getting text from  /etc/services mixed into the stored messages
	is most strange thing indeed, and roughly the only thing I can
	think of to do it is some mistake in transport agent mmap()
	handling.

	Otoh the suspects of similar mixups I had many years ago were,
	I think, before intro of TA mmap() facility, and on SunOS 4.1.*
	(which was BSD 4.3/4.4 derivative, just like FreeBSD..)