Stable working version poll

Hi,
I'm starting to migrate a very old setup to a newer version
to be able to use some good new features (Thanks Matti!)

I would like to hear what versions do people think are stable
and then choose wich to use. If you please reply to me what do
you think (and why), I will then summarize and post the result.

Thanks!
P.S.
Just compiled 2.99.52p1 under Solaris 5.6 sparc with gcc2.7.2
Only gotchas were that configure did not include NETDB_H and that
in lib/dottedquad.c, dottedqued() was #excluded and mailq does use it.