Re: 2.99.52.patch1 is out - too..

On Fri, Dec 31, 1999 at 02:57:38AM +0200, Matti Aarnio wrote:
> How typical, I keep finding *problems* after problem-fixing
> has ended..  Ah well.
>
> - One case where possibly not enough space is allocated, but this
>   affects only rather rare operational mode (a potential crash bug)
> - mailbox message-end bufferzone newlines were not written at all,
>   cured the related problems (either a nuisance, or a bug, YMMV as they say)
> - Marked version being 2.99.52.patch1

Add there a weird looking problem at smtp TA which kept crashing at
my Linux/Alpha glibc 2.1 environment, and were entirely happy chaps
at Solaris 2.6.  Turned out yesterdays reconnect support code massage
mismoved one free() into too late place, and it used wrong data..
Platform depending; possibly critical non-function bug. (SEGV)

I reworked the patch1 this morning, but apparently at least 6 retrieves
of that patch have occurred from  ftp.funet.fi over past 8 hours.

Sure, perhaps I should have made a "patch2" of this..