Re: scheduler opens up port 112

On Wed, Dec 15, 1999 at 01:27:16PM -1000, Aldrin M. Caraang wrote:
> How do I go about closing port 112 which seems to be opened up by the
> scheduler?  If this is not possible, how do I restrict access to it or log
> connections to it (without using firewalls)?  Right now, anyone can telnet
> to this port and see some stats, including the uptime of my machine:

   telnet mea.tmt.tele.fi 174

and begin to wonder...  By supplying proper authenticator to the given
challenge, you might get thru to see more.

I don't know why port  112  is used at your system, though.  Does your
/etc/services list it as 'mailq' ??

It is available at my CVS, but that scheduler is otherwise currently somewhat
broken, and not for general consumption.