Re: Miraculous problem, possibly BAD!

I've seen queue files with no corresponding transport entry too,
on Solaris 2.5.1/2.6, local disk, UFS, high traffic load.
Checking syslog, I see occasional scheduler unlink() failures,
with status EBUSY.  I suspect these correspond to the orphaned files.

I've added a cover function for unlink that looks like
        while (unlink(file) < 0 && (errno == EBUSY || errno == EINTR))
                ;
which I hope will avoid this brain damage.

I remember similar problems with rename() returning EBUSY
under Solaris, requiring a similar workaround for the router.
This sort of OS failure is so 80's...

Ken Lalonde
Network Engineering
UUNET, a WorldCom Company