Re: Miraculous problem, possibly BAD!

Eugene Crosser wrote:

> I noticed that mail sometimes (rarely) disappears.  I started looking
> into $POSTOFFICE and found it.  It was lying in queue/?/nnnn-nnnn files;
> there where *no* corresponding transport/?/* files, mailq did not see it.
> Move those files into router/ and mail gets delivered.  There where a few
> messages half a year old!  And a few quite fresh.

I checked systems here and found the same thing:

# /var/spool/postoffice/queue> for f in `find . -type f`; do if [ ! -f
../transport/$f ]; then echo $f; fi; done
./V/198271-570
./199291-572

Unfortunately they are so old I don't have logfiles left to check if
they were delivered.

> System is Solaris 2.5.1 and 2.6 on SPARC, filesystem is simple UFS
> on local disk.

Solaris 2.6, local disks.

--
  Eino Tuominen