Re: fqdnaliases and DNS error

On Thu, Oct 07, 1999 at 09:54:40PM +0200, Grzegorz Makarewicz wrote:
> Hello!
>
> Zmailer (from CVS) preserves bad mail in postman subdirectory instead
> sending it back to sender.

	Eh ?  Not quite what the intention is.
	Does the filename there have an underscore in it ?  "*_*"   ??
	- If it does, the message *has* been delivered somewhere, and
	  that copy is just a debug log event - sort of.
	- If it doesn't, no working addresses were found, and postmaster
	  must do some manual work at first.

> This takes place only when localnames does not contain senders domain name.
>
> What must I do to remove this situation, except adding icor.pl to localnames
> ?
>
> Grzegorz Makarewicz
>
> ******* logs:
> router log:
> linux.mikroplan.com.pl>: address: mak@icor.pl
> linux.mikroplan.com.pl>: file: 134809-27781 <mak@icor.pl>...
> linux.mikroplan.com.pl>: file: 134809-27781 <mak@icor.pl> =>
> <sob@minkroplan.com.pl>
> linux.mikroplan.com.pl>: address: sob@minkroplan.com.pl

	Your way is quite - interesting.

> scheduler log:
> smtp: 134809/100//error2 smtp; 500 (DNS: no such domain: minkroplan.com.pl)
>
> scheduler.perflog:
> error smtp/minkroplan.com.pl
>
> *******
> aliases same as from CVS
>
> fqdnaliases:
> mak@icor.pl: mak
> mak@mikroplan.com.pl: mak
>
> localnames has only one entry:
> mikroplan.com.pl

	Cut&paste of logs mentions 'minkroplan', not 'mikroplan' as
	at these aliases ??

	Are you sure the problem isn't just a simple typo ?

	(Lately I have been too busy to look much into ZMailer, I hope
	 to have the pendelum to swing the other way within next month,
	 or so.)