Re: router.cf

On Tue, Aug 31, 1999 at 02:17:37PM +0200, Rik van Riel wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have upgraded my system to the CVS snapshot from sunday, but
> it looks like the router.cf is missing and the old one won't
> work the way it should :(
>
> Alternatively, the aliases file parsin is completely fouled
> up, pipes don't work anymore, resulting in the total loss of
> an autoresponder and 45 mailing lists...
>
> This is getting annoying. Is there anyone actually testing the
> stuff before it goes into the tree?

	Yes, although I don't use all possible things myself.
	(Systems like vger.rutgers.edu *do* run almoast
	 everything imaginable, and it *does* work.)

	The problem is likely that 'make install' WILL NOT
	OVERWRITE PRE-EXISTING *.cf FILES for the router.
	(It does tell that, but it is drowned into the clutter
	 of notes during the 'make install' execution ... )

	You have to manually migrate your possibly customized
	scripts to the new ones -- migrate your own changes to
	the new files.

	A note at  README.UPGRADING  does warn about this
	change semi-offhandledly..