Re: SSL/TLS client?

On Wed, 18 Aug 1999, Matti Aarnio wrote:
>   I just added following to TODO:
>
> 	- SSL/TLS client functionality has been asked for repeatedly.
> 	  To implement it we must rewamp the entire FILE* abstraction
> 	  based socket buffering at the smtp program, PLUS at
> 	  libta/mimeheaders.c ( writeheaders() ) as well...  Not so nice.
>
>   Yes, it is doable, but *not* easy.

And I don't think anybody has given a good reason for all that work yet...
at least not that I have seen.

We had an extensive (somewhat off-topic) discussion of VPNs, linking
familiar sites, encrypted tunnels, etc. a month or two ago after someone
asked why SSL/TLS was not supported.

-Andy

Global Auctions
http://www.globalauctions.com