Re: 51-pre2 and 51pre3

> On Wed, 14 Jul 1999, Matti Aarnio wrote:
>
> Hi,
> I have tried all adresses we have in the fullname-DB (by the time only 3,
> so it was easy ;-) ) but none is working.
>
> Here is an excerpt from the command above:
> ?=1
>                 fullnamemap Juergen.Maniera
>                     %dblookup (fullnamemapdb Juergen.Maniera) <0>
> fullnamemapdb(Juergen.Maniera)
> fullnamemapdb(juergen.maniera) = NIL
>
> But Juergen.Maniera is in our fullnameDB and I find the following in our
> aliases.cf (we did not change anything at this point):
> aliases.cf:     relation -lmt $DBTYPE -f $MAILVAR/db/fullnames$DBEXT fullnamemapdb

	The '-l' option at the 'relation' means that the key is mapped
	to lowercase before doing db file lookup.  As can be seen from
	the above trace example also..

> And if we lool into $MAILVAR/db/ we have:
> -rw-r--r--   1 root     other         83 Jul 14 10:44 fullnames
> -rw-r--r--   1 root     other          0 Jul 14 11:21 fullnames.dir
> -rw-r--r--   1 root     other       1024 Jul 14 11:21 fullnames.pag
>
> we produced with:
> /etc/zmailer/bin/makedb ndbm fullnames fullnames
>
> Any suggestions ?

	/etc/zmailer/bin/newdb -l fullnames

	There is *no* default lowercasification of the key data.
	The '-l' / '-u' must be explicitely defined.

/Matti Aarnio <mea@nic.funet.fi>