Re: Who can pipe messages to a program?

Hello.

> Date sent:      Fri, 09 Jul 1999 16:55:42 +0200 (MET DST)
> From:           Andras Micsik <micsik@sztaki.hu>
> Subject:        Who can pipe messages to a program?
> To:             zmailer@nic.funet.fi

> <local pipe......@......sztaki.hu |/usr/local/bin/procmail 60001>:
> mail to program disallowed
>
> Can you help with this?

I know that this message can be generated after simultaneous security
checks in bin/router and bin/local. I.e, I had this effect when db
directory had "group write" permissions: I wanted to allow whole root
group to edit mail configs. And after that my majordomo failed to work
just with this diagnosis. I do not know exactly which permission
masks are checked, but many are. Good luck...

>   Andras Micsik              micsik@sztaki.hu

Regards,
Alexey