Recent things; STARTTLS and AUTH LOGIN at smtpserver...

Well,
  I have had some raised temperature and coughing during last
week or so, and just reading novels, eating, and sleeping isn't
a way to live...  Thus I have been doing works and hobbies while
sitting at home.

I have had several reasons to implement STARTTLS and AUTH LOGIN
services to ZMailer smtpserver, and today I got even M$ things
to behave properly.  Phew...

Now I try to cut a distribution.

    /Matti Aarnio

1999-05-10  Matti Aarnio  <mea@mea.tmt.tele.fi>

	* SiteConfig.in, proto/cf/rrouter.cf:
	    Moved "SMARTHOST" into historical bit-bucket.
	    Suggested way is to use "dot-route" to default
	    all non-local traffic to some server.

	* smtpserver/smtpauth.c:
	    The "ok" reply was wrong (253), and M$ clients
	    barfed at the login. Change that to 235 and it
	    works just fine.

	* proto/smtpserver.conf.in, doc/guides/openssl,
	  smtpserver/cfgread.c, smtpserver/smtpserver.h,
	  smtpserver/smtpserver.c, smtpserver/smtptls.c,
	  smtpserver/smtpcmds.c:
	    Interoperability testing dig various weird things.
	    Now I know lots of details about the certificates :)
	    For the juicy bits about server certificates, see
	    file: doc/guides/openssl

1999-05-09  Matti Aarnio  <mea@mea.tmt.tele.fi>

	* Makefile.in:
	    Version 2.99.50s17

	* doc/guides/openssl, doc/guides/configure:
	    A bit of updates...

	* smtpserver/cfgread.c, smtpserver/smtpserver.h,
	  smtpserver/smtpserver.c, smtpserver/smtpcmds.c,
	  smtpserver/smtptls.c, proto/smtpserver.conf.in,
	  doc/guides/openssl:
	    Final hurdles at getting the TLSv1/SSLv[23]
	    support to work at the smtpserver.  Used lots
	    of POSTFIX specific code here, and wondered
	    at several document bugs...

	* here and there...:
	    Some minor things to silence "egcs -Wall -O3 -g"

	* configure.in, acconfig.h, smtpserver/Makefile.in,
	  smtpserver/smtpserver.h, smtpserver/smtpcmds.c,
	  smtpserver/smtpserver.c, smtpserver/smtptls.c:
	    Configuration options to take into use the OpenSSL
	    TLS code -- although this is not yet complete thing..

1999-05-08  Matti Aarnio  <mea@mea.tmt.tele.fi>

	* smtpserver/smtpserver.h, smtpserver/smtpserver.c,
	  smtpserver/smtpcmds.c:
	    Place-holder hooks for 'STARTTLS' related stuff...
	    (once I get the OpenSSL to work at my Alpha ..)