Re: ZMailer license

In message <19990221183447Z10927-2280+5704@nic.funet.fi>you write:
>> /*
>>  *    Copyright 1988 by Rayan S. Zachariassen, all rights reserved.
>>  *      This will be free software, but only when it is finished.
>>  */
>> /*
>>  *    Several extensive changes by Matti Aarnio <mea@nic.funet.fi>
>>  *      Copyright 1991-1998.
>>  */
>>
>> Could anyone tell me which of free licenses will it be?  Like
>> GPL, BSD or maybe some ZMailer-specific?  I looked through
>> the docs, but haven't found answer.
>
>	I believe Rayans intention was to use GPL, but to
>	me the question is somewhat indifferent, I could
>	use any (and all) of the copyrights that PERL uses.
>	(BSD, GPL, Artistic).

Please don't use GPL; the contagion clause keeps GPL'ed software from being
adopted by commercial folk, and thus hinders its potential usefulness.

Regards,

John
--
John DiMarco <jdd@cs.toronto.edu>                         Office: SF2101
CSLab Systems Manager                                     Phone: 416-978-5300